Guided Safari in the Kruger National Park
Big 5 Guided Safari in the Kruger Park
Kruger National Park, Some Facts
- The Kruger National Park is a protected wildlife wilderness area of approximately 19,485 square kilometres (7,523 sq mi) and extends 360 kilometres (220 mi) from north to south and 65 kilometres (40 mi) from east to west, comparable in size to some small countries.
- Located across the two provinces of Limpopo and Mpumalanga in northeastern South Africa the Kruger National Park is a large wilderness area.
- South Africa’s first national park in 1926 was the Kruger National Park and gave an opportunity for the general public to experience a South African safari for the first time.
With our specialist guided safari in the Kruger National Park, one will soon come to realise its home to all of Africa’s iconic big five game species. The ‘Kruger’ as its affectionately known boasts a high density of wild animals which includes the Big 5… lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and buffalo as well as many other smaller, but not less interesting, animals and a myriad of diverse bird species ranging from water birds, grassland birds to forest species and raptors which can be experienced further on one of our birding tours.
Specialist Safaris in the Kruger National Park
If you have never experienced the magnificence of African wildlife safaris, then the Kruger National Park will not disappoint you. Why not take this short Kruger holiday safari package and let it form part of your existing holiday or just enjoy 3 days in one of the world’s premier Big 5 game reserves on this specialist safari to the Kruger national park.
Led by qualified FGASA (Field Guides Association of Southern Africa) guide Tony Sparkes this ‘Safari in the Kruger National Park’ safari will create a rewarding and memorable South African wildlife experience, one which will probably make you want to come back to see and experience may be our Big Cat Sabi Sand photo safari or a photo safari in the Southern Kruger or the luxury of Hoyo Hoyo or Imbali Safari Lodge, maybe even Hamilton’s Tented Camp where Africa’s time has stood still.
Kruger National Park – Highlights
Limit: 6 Persons
Early Booking Recommended
Guided Safari in the Kruger National Park
Please click on individual tabs below for more detailed information.
WILDLIFE SAFARI TO THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
This 3 day Kruger Park Safari starts in Hoedspruit where you kick off your privately guided 3 days & 2-night safari in the Kruger National Park. This amazing guided safari in the Kruger Park lets you venture into the South African bush to experience the myriad of daily activities with those people, animals and birds that call it home. Ensure you bring your binocular's & camera's as there are lots to see and photograph.
GUIDED SAFARI IN THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK – WILDLIFE SAFARI
3 DAYS /2 NIGHTS
This 3-day guided safari in the Kruger National Park gives you an introduction to an African Big 5 wildlife safari in one of the worlds premier wildlife game reserves.
WHAT TO EXPECT
All animals and birds are in their natural habitats and you will be amazed at the flora and fauna in this vast expanse of a prime wildlife reserve. You, our guests will have plenty of opportunities to photograph the animals and birds but in addition to hopefully be able to tick off and say.. I have seen Africa's Big 5.
The wildlife you will encounter will appeal to anyone with a love for animals and nature.
We will be staying in one of the Kruger National Parks camps located within the perimeter fence, which camp will depend on availability at the time of booking. Your accommodation will be a comfortable twin bedded room with air-conditioning and en-suite bathroom. These rooms come with an outside Braai (B-B-Q) a fully equipped bush kitchen externally, should you want to make teas or coffee or prepare any food yourselves.
DAY 1 – ITINERARY
Like all our local wildlife tours, this safari begins in Hoedspruit. You will be picked up very early in the morning in our vehicle, we will then make our way to the nearest Krugerpark gate in plenty of time for the opening. Our early morning game drive will commence once we enter the park as we take a leisurely drive and head for our camp to check in.
Arriving at our designated Kruger camp around lunchtime. Where you check-in and will have time to have lunch and relax a little before our afternoon game drive, which we will start at around 3-30pm. Arriving back at camp from our afternoon game just before the camp gates close. You will have plenty of time for you to shower and freshen up before dinner and then bed for the night.
DAY 2 ITINERARY
After a very early morning wake-up call, it’s time to embark on the first game drive of the day. Early mornings are the best time for animal activity, especially during the summer months (Oct-March). After our morning game drive, it will then be time to head back to the camp for breakfast at around 10 am.
After a leisurely breakfast, you have time to relax around the camp before our afternoon game drive, which we will start at around 3-30pm. Arriving back at camp from our afternoon game just before the camp gates close. You will have plenty of time for you to shower and freshen up before dinner and then bed for the night.
DAY 3 ITINERARY
After a very early morning wake-up call, it’s time to embark on the last early morning game drive. Early mornings are the best time for animal activity, especially during the summer months (Oct-March). After our morning game drive, it will then be time to head back to the camp to check-out and breakfast at around 9.30 am (camp check out is at 10:00 am).
After breakfast we leave our camp and head back through the park to Hoedspruit, arriving there around mid-afternoon at which time our safari ends
Note: Itineraries are flexible and can be discussed on the day, dependant on weather and the time of the year.
DAY'S - ADDITIONAL
Additional days can be added to this tour should they be required, alternatively, should you wish a private safari in the Kruger National Park, why not let us build a custom Kruger park holiday package with you, Please contact us for custom tour information and or any additional days for this safari.
COSTS & INCLUSIONS/EXCLUSIONS
(ZAR prices are an estimation linked to the exchange rate and the exact price will be confirmed via invoice at the time of booking)
This introductory safari will run throughout the year with a minimum of 2 guests and a maximum of 6 guests.
Safari Cost: From ZAR 4,725 pp sharing
We can accept payment via International SWIFT transfer, Credit Card or Paypal.
Please be advised: Please contact us for any single supplement requirements, together with your preferred travel arrangements, so we can advise you on the availability of your dates and open spaces on this safari.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- 3 days/2 nights in comfortable accommodation in a Kruger National Park camp (Rondavel)
- Two game drives daily with a professional guide.
- Coffee & Biscuits (On game drives)
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Any flights.
- Transfers to and from Hoedspruit
- Purchases of a personal nature
- All Meals
- Beverages and alcoholic drinks
- Telephone calls
- Kruger National Park entrance fees and conservation levies
- Open game vehicle: Price on request
We regret that we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 14 on this safari.
South Africa is officially listed as one of the most biologically diverse countries on earth. With South Africa being made up of an astonishing kaleidoscope of landscapes as well as a plethora of eco-systems.
From the arid, near-deserts on its west coast to the montane forests and subalpine zones at the top of the beautiful Drakensberg at nearly 3,500 metres above sea-level. In the South African cape, you will find pristine beaches and the uniqueness of its Fynbos ecosystems and lest we forget the vast wildlife and birds to encounter on the rich savannahs of its north-east provinces.
Without a doubt, any visitor to South Africa will be captivated by its constantly changing landscapes and the warm friendly people one encounters. All this goes towards making up, what can only be described as, experiences one will never forget and want to keep coming back for more of the same.
This applies particularly for those who wish to capture and record their experience no matter what photographic genre, as South Africa remains a primary destination for experiencing a Big 5 wildlife safari, with our specialist Kruger Park Safaris and tours. Phenomenal birding and nature photography where the enthusiast can lay witness to the annual bird migration which takes place annually. Read more about South Africa
Kruger National Park camps are generally of a comfortable standard, with accommodation being mainly brick under thatch. Most main camps have a communal swimming pool and a restaurant, with a shop which normally provides for all one's needs while in the park. During this guided safari in the Kruger Park, we are dedicated to giving our guests a genuine and informative African bush experience in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. To 'enjoy the bush' one must be in it..
OTHER GENERAL SAFARI INFORMATION
- It should be noted that the Kruger National Park is located within in a Malaria area, guests are advised to seek medical advice from your own doctor in this respect.
- Please read our Safari Safety and Etiquette.
- There is NO public wifi access in Kruger National Park camps generally but some camps restaurants may let you access their public wifi if available. Some camps also receive mobile signals which you can, if set up accordingly receive data via your own mobile phone.
- Most camps have restaurants where you can purchase teas, coffees, cakes, lunches and dinners.
- Most camp shops have generals goods, where you can buy alcohol, cigarettes, charcoal, meat, souvenirs, magazines, guidebooks and things of a personal nature.
WHAT TO BRING ON SAFARI
- Mornings and evenings in an open safari vehicle are cold to cool (even in the summer), bring a fleece and a windbreaker jacket
- Rain jacket, hat, cap or beanie
- Spare batteries for your camera
- Camera/video camera & flash (for wildlife photography a 300 – 400mm lens is ideal but there are opportunities for wildlife images for all sizes of lenses.
- Should you wish to hire any camera equipment or binoculars for your trip then we can assist, you can enquire here
PS: Don't forget to catch up with our blog, read interesting posts about our tours, wildlife and nature. Why not join our Safari Buddies family to be sure you are first to receive into your inbox all our latest tour and safari news, new tour destinations, discounts, photography and travel tips, tricks and news.
Indlovu River Lodge – Wildlife Safari Hides Video
Photo Gallery – Kruger National Park
- African Wildlife Photography Tips - February 23, 2020
- Low Light Wildlife Photography - November 26, 2019
- Bonamanzi Game Reserve - November 21, 2019